20 Jun What are the most popular plastic procedures?
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons released its surgery statistics report.
(From CNN’s article: http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/01/health/plastic-surgery-most-popular-study/)
Plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures are still getting popular in the U.S., and a new report shows that most Americans are going in either to change their faces or get rid of fat. Trends change year after year, so this year’s report might come as a surprise or it might not. Read on to see the results…
Here are the top popular procedure that were done in 2016, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons:
- Breast Augmentation
- Nose reshaping
- Eyelid Surgery
- Chemical Peels
- Laser Hair Removal
The ranks are most likely heavily influenced by social media, based on what we see on Twitter and Instagram. We become more aware of how we look in pictures and we compare and find ‘flaws’ in ourselves.
‘Which star got what done? How is this famous person always looking good?’
When we break it down, the top 5 minimally invasive procedures stand out:
- Botox, a drug that can be injected into the face in an effort to smooth the appearance of facial wrinkles: 7 million procedures.
- Soft-tissue fillers, which are injected in an effort to create a smoother or fuller appearance in the face or lips: 2.6 million procedures.
- Chemical peels, in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin in an effort to smooth wrinkles and create a younger appearance: 1.36 million procedures.
- Laser hair removal, intended to remove unwanted hair from various places on the body: 1.1 million procedures.
- Microdermabrasions, in which an instrument gently sands your skin to improve your complexion: 775,000 procedures.
These procedures are popular for a reason. They give you almost immediate results. They give you the results you want without having to go under the knife or go through the post operation down-time. It’s a conservative and appropriate way to get the face that you have always dreamed of. So, which minimal procedure would you like to have done?
We, at Ponsky Facial Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery, strive for beautiful, natural results using the most advanced technology, so you’re always in good hands. If you’re thinking about any of these procedures, don’t be afraid to give us a call to schedule a consultation. We want to work with you to achieve your best face.